Ah, the headache. It’s become an ever-present dull ache. I’m not sure what it’s from, perhaps a nutrient deficiency? I’m used to eating a lot more protein than I’m getting. Or maybe it’s withdrawal from sugar and or caffeine… either way I’m fed up of the headache. It’s making me very grumpy!
I managed to make it to the gym this morning, but I’ll be honest – I was no where near top form and I felt the effects all day. My energy was probably at an all time low before lunch and I wolfed down my soup in record time. Didn’t help I’d had to endure everybody eating bacon and/or sausage and/or egg sarnies (free ones, no less!) when I arrived at work and then the guys next to me tucking into a chocolate cake at about 11am. Harsh. Very harsh!
Day Three, The Meals
- Breakfast: 2 slices of homemade toast, 1/2 banana mashed with a pinch of cinnamon
- Lunch: Roasted Butternut Squash & Carrot Soup, 1 slice of homemade bread
- Dinner: Carrot & Kidney bean burgers with grilled pineapple, broccoli & rice
How much did it cost?
- Breakfast: 9.3p (Banana) + 2.6p (Bread)
- Lunch: 9.9p (Soup) + 1.3p (Bread)
- Dinner: 21.35p (Burgers) + 5p (broccoli) + 10p (pineapple) + 2p (rice) = 38.35p
- Snack: 1 hardboiled egg, 10p
- Total: 71.45p
Day 3 is done though, the downward slope now! I had a small win as well – I have 21p left from my budget and on the way back from some errands I nipped into Tesco at about 9.15pm and scored myself a half cucumber for just 3p! THREE PENCE. Total win. Going to save it for snacks on Thursday and Friday. I love cucumber. Small things. Down to 17p and eyeing up my soy sauce. Think a few pennies will be worth a couple of teaspoons to improve the fried rice I’m planning for day 4 dinner.