Day 4 bought on a right old grump. I’ll admit that freely. The headache, the lack of my beloved squash and the deepening realisation of just how fortunate I am to be so used to such things like squash (for goodness sake) that I get grumpy when they’re taken away. I don’t want to get preachy or anything, but this challenge has been an eye-opener and one I am glad to have taken part in.
I’ve found myself literally counting down to my next meal, thinking about what I’m going to have and savouring those thoughts to get me through. Today was a very lethargic day – in addition to the grump, I was tired and cold. Two jumpers and a space heater cold. No gym session for me! Just a lot of sitting and working. Yuck.
I also forgot to take a picture of my lunch – I was too busy inhaling at at superhuman speed!
Day Four, the Meals
- Breakfast: 1 slice of homemade toast, 1 broccoli stalk (grilled), 2 soft boiled eggs
- Lunch: Squash & Pineapple Curry with homemade flatbreads (2)
- Dinner: Hawaiian Vegetable Fried Rice
How much did it cost?
- Breakfast: 2p (broccoli) + 1.3p (Bread) + 20p (eggs)
- Lunch: 29.58p (Curry) + 2p (2 flatbread)
- Dinner: 10p (assorted bits of vegetable left over) + 10p (pineapple) + 10pc (1 egg) + 5p (rice) + 3p (2 tsp soy)= 38.35p
- Snack: 1/4 cucumber (1.5p)
- Total: 92.88p
The post-rice bloat was epic. I don’t usually eat white rice, let alone a week full of the stuff, along with white bread! I’m consoling myself with the fact that the bread is homemade and so at least free of added sugars and preservative yucky-ness… onwards to day 5!