Soup has long been a go-to for me. There’s nothing a bowl of something packed full of vegetables won’t cure – and as soon as I signed up to the Below the Line challenge, I knew there would be soup involved in my 5 days. This recipe really does 4 portions, but if you have plenty of bread or are serving as a starter it would do 5.
Below the Line Recipe: Souper Cheap Squash Soup
Luci Rebecca, Made by Luci
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 40 minutes
- Total: 45 minutes
- Serves 4-5
- Half butternut squash, 24.5p
- 2 carrots, 9.4p
- 1/3 swede, 1.5p
- 1 litre water, free
- 1 stock cube, 3p
- 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1.5p
- Preheat your oven to about 200C
- Chop up the squash, carrots and swede. Pop them on a non-stick baking tray and stick in the oven for about 40 minutes, turning half way through.
- Once the vegetables are done, boil a kettle.
- Put the water, stock cube and curry powder in a large saucepan with the vegetables and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes then remove from the heat.
- Blend until smooth and serve.