Curry is another go-to in general. Nothing authentic about the curry’s I make, true, but they’re a good way to use up veg or have a quick and healthy meal without having to resort to a (gasp) ready meal.
Admittedly the pineapple is a bit random, but I needed to ‘bulk’ out the meal to stretch to 3 meals. It actually adds a nice contrast of sweetness to the dish, so I was pleasantly surprised!
Squash & Pineapple Curry
Luci Rebecca, Made by Luci
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
- Total: 30 minutes
- Serves 2-3
- Half butternut squash, chopped into bitesize pieces (24.5p)
- 1/6 swede, chopped into bitesize pieces - optional (0.75p)
- 3/4 onion, finely chopped (3.5p)
- Just under half pineapple, chopped into bitesize pieces (24.5p)
- 1 tin chopped toms (34p)
- 1/2 tsp curry powder (1.5p)
- 1/4 tsp oil (0.25p)
- Heat a saucepan and add the onion. Put the lid on and let it sweat for a few minutes.
- Add the swede and butternut squash and cook for 5 minutes or so to brown
- Add the chopped tomatoes and curry powder and bring to a boil then cover and simmer for a minimum 15 minutes.
- While the curry is cooking, whack your grill up to high and put your pineapple on some foil on a tray. Once hot, grill the pineapple until the edges colour, then flip and colour again. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Once your pineapple is grilled, add it to your saucepan and stir to mix.
- Serve with rice, flatbreads, raita or whatever you have! I had a little rice and some flatbread with mine on Below the Line.