Hands up who likes chocolate? Come on, just a little bit! I’m always a bit of a flip-flopper on whether I love chocolate or I just like it. I sort of trained myself out of being unable to resist it a few years ago but I’m pretty glad about that. Nobody should be able to eat an entire Terry’s Chocolate Orange in one go and still be up for more. That said… I do love these chocolate lava cakes – I’ve made them a few times and they’re my ultimate quick, indulgent dessert – especially when drizzled with vegan cream!
These chocolate lava cakes were actually the dessert I made for my husband and I on Christmas Day – he’s a total choc-a-holic so I knew they’d be right up his street. Plus, because they’re a small than say, a wedge of cheesecake, they don’t seem to intimidating.
That said, the chocolate lava cakes may be small, but they are mighty in other ways…
- a soft, chocolate-y centre
- dense, delectable sponge
- quick to make
Although a word of warning: it’s very easy to over bake these little cakes and loose the lava! I get it right about 75% of the time, and only with my own oven!
Not a chocolate lover?
That’s okay, I have a few more dessert ideas to tempt you!
- Fiery Ginger Cheesecake
- Baked Marshmallow & Oreo Cheesecake
- Leftover Mincemeat Crumble Slice
- Mum’s Sticky Apple Cake
Vegan Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 35 g plain flour
- 50 g sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 100 ml dairy-free milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp 30ml melted coconut oil
- 2 squares dairy-free chocolate about 14g
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease two of a silicone muffin pan, or use two individual pudding trays.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl.35 g plain flour, ¼ tsp baking powder, 15 g cocoa powder, 50 g sugar
- Add in all the wet ingredients and stir until combined.100 ml dairy-free milk, ½ tsp vanilla extract, 2 tbsp 30ml melted coconut oil
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tray, then pop a square of chocolate into the centre of each pudding.2 squares dairy-free chocolate
- Bake for about 18 minutes, leave to cool for about 5 minutes, then serve.