Apart from breakfast, I’d say dessert is a close runner-up in my favourite things to eat. And recently, my sweet tooth has been screaming out at me in the morning – therefore, the dessert for breakfast theme has been continuing!
Now, one of my top chocolates to eat has always been a Terry’s Chocolate Orange. I can put a whole one away in an evening – and by away, I don’t mean in the cupboard! My belly, folks. Just gobbled up straight in to my belly! So one morning I was fantasising about being a child and eating a chocolate orange for breakfast, I decided instead to take the best bits – the flavour, the sweetness – and give a modern, healthier twist to meet my morning needs. And so, chocolate orange oatmeal, with added protein for satiety, was born. They’re actually zoats in the photo – made partially with courgette(/zucchini) – however that’s totally optional.
Chocolate Orange Oatmeal
Luci Rebecca, Made by Luci
Mix oats and courgette with some cocoa and orange for this delicious Chocolate orange oatmeal.
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
- Total: 10 minutes
- Serves 1
- Calories 279
- 20g oats
- 100g courgette, grated
- 1 tsp coco powder
- 1/2 tbsp SF vanilla syrup
- 240ml (1 cup) water
- 15g vegan chocolate protein powder
- one orange, zested then peeled and chopped
- 100g dairy-free yogurt
- Put the oats, courgette, coco powder, courgette, orange zest, syrup and water in a pan. Bring to a simmer and stir regularly until your consistency is reached.
- Mix your protein powder with a little of the yogurt or water (I mix about 1 tbsp yogurt with a splash of water) and stir into the porridge. Stir until warmed through and thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a bowl and top with the yogurt and orange segments!