Sunday day, pancake day. Or: do as I do and make a big batch of these pancakes, and then every day is pancake day! When I’m not experimenting with making dessert-flavoured pancakes (like these carrot cake ones) I actually just like to make plain protein pancakes. Why protein pancakes? Because if I add some extra nutrients I feel I can use that as an excuse to have them with for five days straight.
Where do you get your protein from?
Ah, the age old question. This is usually the dish I have in mind when I give whatever cheeky and/or sardonic reply I think of first on any given day. I mean, who wouldn’t want to get their protein from pancakes??
In all seriousness, you don’t need to add extra protein to your diet, or these pancakes. But hey, it doesn’t hurt either – and it adds to the satiety of these delicious vegan protein pancakes.
Other reasons to love these pancakes?
- stackable (hello Instagram)
- versatile (top with whatever you want!)
One bowl = less washing up
Fussy breakfasts are not welcome in my house – even if the end result is pancakes! Generally this is because whoever cooks doesn’t have to do the dishes. My husband gets a particular look of half dread, half joy thats particularly amusing if I’ve been experimenting with different bakes that he gets to try, but I also haven’t finished cleaning up after by the time we eat dinner.
That’s kind of why easy one bowl vegan protein pancakes are an all-around favourite – just one bowl and one pan to wash up afterwards, and the plates of course.
Looking for more vegan breakfast ideas?
- Autumn Spiced Granola (sugar free, oil free)
- Blueberry Pancakes, with Tahini Drizzle
- Curried Kale and Tofu Scramble
- Cherry Bakewell Overnight Oats
- My Go-To Green Smoothie Bowl
Easy One Bowl Vegan Protein Pancakes
- ½ cup self raising flour ~110g
- ½ cup oats ~50g
- 1 scoop vegan protein ~30g *
- ¼ cup sugar ~50g
- ½ banana ~70g
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed ~7g
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk ** ~120ml
- ½ cup water ~120ml
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork until it forms a smooth paste. Mix in the flaxseed and set the bowl aside for a minute.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and set it over a medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir thoroughly, until everything is well combined.
- Once the frying pan has heated through, add a 1-2 dessert spoonfuls of batter per pancake to the saucepan.
- Cook until you can see burst bubbles on top, and it starts to look a little dry/less wet. Flip and cook in the other side for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- * I use unflavoured pea protein - if you're using a flavoured protein like vanilla, you may not need a full 1/4 cup of sugar.
- ** I've used cashew milk, almond milk and coconut milk as well