I love coleslaw but I’ve never been a fan of the… creaminess, of the lashing of mayonnaise. I love the crunch and the flavour! And so I came up with my own versions – this is my recipe for “Dry” Coleslaw.. it came about when I realised I wanted to make coleslaw but had no greek yoghurt in the fridge! You can make this gluten-free and dairy-free – just check your mustard first!
- 120 g Red cabbage cut into thin strips
- 120 g White cabbage cut into thin strips
- 50 g Red onion cut into thin strips
- 100 g Carrot cut into thin strips
- 10 g Wholegrain mustard sometimes I do 50/50 with Dijon
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp White wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Apple cut into strips
- 2 Spring Onions cut into strips
- Mix together all the vegetables
- Add in the mustard(s), salt, lemon juice and white wine vinegar.
- Mix everything together well and store in a tupperware container in the fridge for up to four, maybe five days. If using immediately, let it rest for a few minutes before serving.