I love coleslaw but I’ve never been a fan of the… creaminess, of the lashing of mayonnaise. I love the crunch and the flavour! And so I came up with my own versions – this is my recipe for “Dry” Coleslaw.. it came about when I realised I wanted to make coleslaw but had no greek yoghurt in the fridge! You can make this gluten-free and dairy-free – just check your mustard first!
Luci Rebecca, Made by Luci
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Total: 10 minutes
- Yield 4
- Calories 37
- 120g Red cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 120g White cabbage, cut into thin strips
- 50g Red onion, cut into thin strips
- 100g Carrot, cut into thin strips
- 10g Wholegrain mustard (sometimes do 50/50 with Dijon)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp White wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional - Apple, cut into strips, Spring Onions, cut into strips
- Mix together all the vegetables
- Add in the mustard(s), salt, lemon juice and white wine vinegar.
- Mix everything together well and store in a tupperware container in the fridge for up to four, maybe five days. If using immediately, let it rest for a few minutes before serving.