These hot chocolate marshmallow cookies are the perfect cookie to enjoy on a cold, winter evening – and even better dunked into a steaming hot mug of… well, anything. My favourite is a homemade mocha or just a hot chocolate. The melted marshmallows make a divine combination.
With the temperature around here dropping by the day, I am all about comfort foods: snacks that can be enjoyed whilst curled up in a blanket, watching the snow fall; dishes that savoured with family around a dinner table, listening to the wind and rain outside when conversation lulls.
These hot chocolate marshmallow cookies are the former: the perfect snack for cold days. Sweet, chocolaty, and small enough to not spoil dinner later on! I was daydreaming about them on the way back from London earlier this weekend – the way the marshmallows melt and bubble up and caramelise during baking. I had to settle for the daydream though: being stuck on a train wasn’t conducive to baking, and when I got home I realised I was out of cocoa powder, and marshmallows. Fail.
I got myself all worked up, looking forward to making these cookies, and let’s face it – eating one straight out of the oven and burning my mouth – before realising that my little baking cupboard was bare. So: do yourself a favour (and learn from my mistake). Get the ingredients in before fantasising about eating an awesome hot chocolate marshmallow cookie with your evening cup of tea.
Out of marshmallows?
Try some of these other awesome vegan cookie recipes instead:
- Mini Peanut Butter Shortbreads
- Simple Vegan Shortbread
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal & Raisin Cookies
Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Luci Rebecca, Made by Luci
These hot chocolate marshmallow cookies are the perfect cookie to enjoy on a cold, winter evening - and even better dunked into a steaming hot drink.
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- Total: 30 minutes
- Yield 15 cookies
- 100g vegan butter/spread
- 125g light brown sugar
- 200g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coco powder
- 2 tbsp dairy free hot chocolate powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp-6 tbsp dairy free milk
- 75g Vegetarian marshmallows
- Cream together the brown sugar and vegan butter.
- Add all the other ingredients, except for the marshmallows and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the marshmallows, then chill in the dough in a fridge for 30 minutes, or in a freezer for 10 minutes (I usually end up with the freezer option because I'm impatient!)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into about 12-15 balls and form into fat discs - they will melt a bit during baking, but not a lot.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the sheets for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.