Meal prepping food should be easy and the end result, irresistibly delicious. My lemon chia pudding ticks both those boxes. Topped with bright, homemade vegan lemon curd and tart berries, this divine make-ahead breakfast ticks all my boxes for a grab-and-go breakfast.
Jam jar breakfasts
There’s something so sneaky about “breakfast in a jar” – maybe it’s just me. But, nipping into the kitchen, grabbing a jam jar stuffed full of food from the fridge, and then running out the door for work knowing that I have breakfast quite literally in the bag.
Sometimes I make overnight oats and take them as a jam jar breakfast too – then I can choose to heat them up or have them cold, depending on how I feel. 90% of the time, I’ll heat them up in the microwave for about 60 – 90 seconds. If I have a chia seed pudding, like this one, I always eat it cold.
Chia pudding consistency
The recipe for my lemon chia pudding below makes a really thick chia pudding. It’s how I like them – but if you prefer a slightly less thick pudding then add a bit more dairy free milk (or even a touch of water).
Got a lot of chia seeds to use? Try one of these vegan recipes:
Lemon Chia Seed Pudding
Luci Rebecca, Made by Luci
Meal prepping breakfast foods should be easy and the end result, irresistibly delicious. My lemon chia pudding ticks both those boxes.
- Prep: 4 hours
- Total: 4 hours
- Serves 1
- Calories 387
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk *
- 1 tbsp maple syrup **
- 1/2 large lemon, zested and juiced
- Pinch of turmeric
- 1/3 cup vegan lemon curd
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- Add everything except the lemon curd and blueberries to a small jar or bowl. Stir well (or, if you have a lid for the jar just shake it all together!)
- Place the contents in the fridge and leave to set for a few hours at least - preferably overnight.
- When you're ready to serve, top the chia pudding with the lemon curd and then the blueberries.
- * Nutritional values calculated with Alpro's "Coconut-Almond"
- ** If your 'milk' is already sweetened then you might not need to add this. Not included in the nutritional values.