I started going to Starbucks when I was about… fifteen years old, I think. I was introduced to the Caramel Macchiato and I never looked back. I used to get a Venti, with an extra shot! These days, I’m more of a decaf girl but that, my friends, was the start of it all.
Last updated: March 2017. I used all three sources that Starbucks make publicly available to make this list (I found the allergen menu a bit confusing on its own, personally).
Drinks allergen menu / Drinks ingredients list /Food allergen menu
Vegan friendly drinks
- Caffè Americano (with Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk if not black)
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Caffè Mocha
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Caffè Latte
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Cappuccino
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Flat White
Simply ask for Soy/Coconut/Almond milk if you prefer (tends to be for full leaf/British tea)
- Green Tea Latte
- Chai Tea Latte
- Full Leaf Tea
- Earl Grey Tea
- Hibiscus Tea
- Emperor’s Clouds & Mist Tea
- Mint Citrus Green Tea
- Mint Blend Tea
- Youthberry Tea
- Chamomile Tea
- Jasmine Pearls Tea Chai Tea
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Classic Hot Chocolate
Vegan syrups at Starbucks
Unlike at Costa, not all the syrups are okay. Ones like Butterscotch aren’t suitable for vegans, however there’s still a good number that you can get to jazz up or hack your vegan starbucks drinks:
- Caramel/Sugar Free Caramel
- Vanilla/Sugar Free Vanilla
- Hazelnut/Sugar Free Hazelnut
- Almond syrup
- Fudge syrup
- Peach syrup
- Macadamia syrup
- Simple Syrup
You can also relax with most of the additions. I was pretty surprised at the waffle pieces and cookie crumbs being vegan-friendly to be honest, but it’s great news!
- Brûlée topping
- Chocolate drizzle
- Mocha Cookie Crumble
- Pumpkin Spice Topping
- Strawberry Sauce
- Vanilla Sugar
- Waffle Pieces
- Iced Shaken Green Tea
- Iced Shaken Hibiscus Tea
- Iced Shaken Black Tea
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Iced Chai Tea Latte
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Iced Caffè Latte
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Iced Caffè Mocha
- Iced Shaken Peach Green Tea Lemonade
- Iced Shaken Green Tea Lemonade
- Iced Shaken Hibiscus Tea Lemonade
- Iced Shaken Black Tea Lemonade
- Mango and Passionfruit Juice Blend
- Raspberry and Blackcurrant Juice Blend
Hold the whip and you’re good to go!
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Java Chip Frappuccino (cookie crumb is fine!)
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Coffee Frappuccino
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Mocha Frappuccino
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Espresso Frappuccino
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Caramel Frappuccino (no caramel drizzle)
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Green Tea Crème Frappuccino
- Raspberry Blackcurrant Frappuccino
- Mango Passion Fruit Frappuccino
- Berry Smoothie
- Green Smoothie
- Carrot & Ginger Smoothie
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Chocolate Cream Frappuccino
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Strawberries & Crème Frappuccino
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Vanilla Crème Frappuccino
- Soy/Coconut/Almond Milk Chocolate Chip Cream Frappuccino (cookie crumb is fine!)
Things to avoid
- Caramel drizzle
- Salted toffee drizzle
- White Chocolate Mocha anything
- All hot chocolate’s other than Classic
- Pumpkin spice sauce
- Toffee Nut sprinkles
- Gold chocolate curls
Vegan Starbucks Secret Menu!
I used to love try and order things from the secret menu before giving up dairy, and that’s not changed. 9/10 I still chicken out of it, but I always have an idea in mind and occasionally, if they’re quiet, I’ll be brave! Have you tried any of these from the infamous (vegan) Starbucks secret menu?
All the syrup amounts below are based on a tall drink, which generally has about 2-3 pumps worth of syrup.
- Chocolate Turtle Latte: Soy/Coconut/Almond milk latte + one pump each of mocha, caramel and toffee nut syrups
- French vanilla cappuccino: Soy/Coconut/Almond milk cappuccino with 1 pump vanilla and 1 pump toffee nut syrups
- London Fog: Soy/coconut/Almond milk earl grey tea misto + two pumps of vanilla syrup
- Marzipan latte:Soy latte with almond and vanilla syrups
- The (Vegan) Nutella: Soy/Coconut/Almond milk Café Misto with a pump of mocha syrup and a pump of hazelnut
- Banana Cream Pie Frappuccino: Soy/Coconut/Almond milk Vanilla Crème Frappuccino + 1 pump hazelnut syrup, and a sliced banana.
- Captain Crunch Frappuccino: Soy/Coconut/Almond milk Strawberries and Crème Frappuccino with + one pump each hazelnut, toffee nut, and caramel syrup (instead of it’s regular combo)
- Ferrero Rocher Frappuccino: Soy/Coconut/Almond milk Java Chip Frappuccino with 2 pumps mocha and 1 pump hazelnut syrup
- Lucky Charms Frappuccino: Soy/Coconut/Almond milk Strawberries and Crème Frappuccino+ one pump each of hazelnut, caramel and toffee nut syrups
- Neopolitan Frappuccino: Soy/Coconut/Almond milk Strawberries and Crème Frappuccino with one pump each of vanilla and mocha syrups
- Strawberry Quality Street Frappuccino: Soy/Coconut/Almond milk Mocha Frappuccino with strawberry sauce
Is there any vegan food at Starbucks?
There is actually a couple of things, other than dried nuts, that you can eat as a vegan in Starbucks! Compared to Costa, the offerings are numerous (well, it’s not hard to look good against zero). I confess, I am always heading to the nearest Starbucks after a night of one too many drinks. I get a soy porridge, chop up a Nakd bar (which I pick up on the way) and pour on a little pot of jam!
- Soy Porridge (toppings: jam, dried fruit packs, nuts)
- Falafel, Quinoa and Lentil Salad
- Starbucks Raw Raspberry & Nut Bar
- Starbucks Peanut and Cashew Bar
- Starbucks Sweeties
What’s my order?
My favourite vegan drink to order at Starbucks is pretty similar to my Costa Coffee one: a tall decaf soy cappuccino, with sugar free caramel syrup. And the chocolate dusting, every time!
What’s yours? Comment below!