Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /var/sites/m/madebyluci.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/easy-nutrition-facts-label/nutrition-facts-label.php on line 265
Despite my long-standing, well-known love of porridge for breakfast, I have a confession. I really like another kind of breakfast food. Pancakes. Pancake Sunday is one of my beloved, solo traditions. Solo because… well because my OH likes to sleep in, and my rumbly stomach gets me up before he is ready to roll out of bed.
In England, pancakes are traditionally often more akin to French crêpes: thin, wrap-like creations that we like to layer with sugar and lemon juice only one day a year.
But in my house (which is in England) pancakes are much more akin to American pancakes. My pancakes are often made with berries, or occasionally chocolate chips. They’re nearly always slathered in maple syrup. And I like to enjoy them at least once every few weeks – once a year is just not often enough!
My house is a cool house, right?
My favourite blueberry pancakes
These are my favourite vegan blueberry pancakes because they’re so easy to make. The pancake batter only takes a few minutes to make. The pancakes are low maintenance in the frying pan, taking just a few minutes on each side. You can make them in a bigger batch and freeze them – just remember to separate each one with a layer of baking or parchment paper.
The drizzle of tahini brings them to the next level of tastiness. Somehow it offsets the tartness of the blueberries and the sweetness of the maple syrup and just…. wow.
Obsessed with breakfast?
If you love breakfast half as much I do and want to take a break from the vegan blueberry pancakes, I’ve got lots more vegan breakfast recipes for you, including:
- Apple, Blueberry and Mint Oatmeal
- Vegan Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes
- Neapolitan Chia Seed Pudding
- Fruity Breakfast Muffins (low fat, refined sugar-free)
- Easy Breakfast Granola Parfait
Vegan Blueberry Pancakes with Tahini Drizzle
Luci Rebecca, Made by Luci
Make the perfect Sunday morning breakfast with these easy, low-fat vegan blueberry pancakes with a delightful tahini drizzle and slathering of maple syrup.
- Prep: 3 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- Total: 13 minutes
- Serves 2
- Calories 273
- 1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 30g (~1/3 cup) oats
- 45g (~1/3 cup) plain flour
- 45g (~1/3 cup) wholemeal flour
- 20g (2 tbsp) caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 80ml (~1/3 cup) dairy free milk
- 95ml (~1/3 cup + 1 tbsp) water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 35g (~1/4 cup) blueberries
- toppings - optional
- maple syrup
- In a medium-sized bowl, make the flax egg by combining the ground flaxseed and water, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the oats, flours, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and salt in a blender or food processor, and blend until the oats have been like flour.
- Add the blended dry ingredients to the bowl with the flax egg, then add the wet ingredients and the blueberries.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray with a little oil and add the batter about 1/4 cup at a time.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles start to form (about 1-2 minutes), then flip and cook the other side and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve the finished pancakes with more blueberries, maple syrup and tahini.
* Calories don't include optional toppings