Even at work – where no one is intending to get me a gift for Easter – I get asked about vegan chocolate quite a lot. Does it exist? Is the main one. But also can vegans eat chocolate? comes up quite a lot. My answer is usually just a confused “…yes?”. So, for those who are also faced by confused friends, family and general acquaintances, I rounded up a collection of dairy free, vegan Easter eggs that we can all point to and say: “look!”! And also “that one please!”
(I’ll be pointing at the Almond & Sea Salt Booja Booja Truffles, the Plamil Bunny and maybe even the Hotel Chocolate Hard Boiled [Chocolate] Eggs…)
‘Milk Chocolate’ Vegan Easter Eggs
Milk chocolates…. childhood favourite, but also one of the rarer Vegan chocolates! Don’t worry though – they do exist, but they tend to be a little more expensive than more common (dairy-based) treats.
- Hotel Chocolat Gianduja Egglets
- Moo Free Easter Egg (with buttons)
- Moo Free Cheeky Orange Egg (with buttons)
- Moo Free Easter Bunnycomb Egg (with buttons)
- Plamil Milk Chocolate Egg
- Celtic Milk Chocolate Egg (with dark chocolate mints)
- Choices Easter Egg (with & milk chocolate caramels)
- Hotel Chocolat Dark Chocolate Egg Sandwich
Dark Chocolate Vegan Easter Eggs
If your friend, loved one, or own palette prefers a chocolate that’s not quite as sweet then dark chocolate is a) easier to find and v) a little cheaper.
- Moo Free Dark Chocolate Easter Egg (Organic)
- Montezuma’s Organic Dark Chocolate and Cocoa Nibs Eco Egg
- Thorntons Large Dark Chocolate Egg
- Divine Luxury Dark Chocolate Egg and Dark Chocolate Mini Eggs
- Cocoa Loco Crystalised Ginger Dark Chocolate Easter Egg
Other Vegan Easter Gift Ideas
Plamil have got a massive range of extra goodies! I’m really impressed with their range actually, especially with the additions of things like bunnys for smaller children.
- Plamil Little Chocolate Bunny (super cute!)
- Plamil Mini Milk Chocolate Bears
- Plamil Milk Chocolate Bunny Box (of mini half eggs)
- Plamil Milk Half Eggs In Pouch
- Montezuma Giant Buttons
- Choices Milk Bunny and White Bunny
- Divine Dark Chocolate Mini Eggs
- Hotel Chocolat has quite a bit including:
- “Hard Boiled Eggs” in Dark Chocolate or Dark Chocolate and Ginger
- Dark Chocolate Heart Licks
- Rabbert Tiddly Pot
- Dark Chocolate Chicks
- Fruit and Nut Frenzy Giant Slab
Luxury Chocolate Items
- Booja-Booja Organic Gourmet Selection – about £17
- Booja Booja Almond & Sea Salt Caramel Truffles – about £50!
Alcohol… and Easter?
Products from Amazon.co.uk
Price: £22.92Was: £24.99
Homemade Vegan Easter Gifts!
Instead of buying something, why not make your own. Who says it has to be egg shaped?
- Chocolate Coconut “Mounds” Candy Bars (Lazy Vegan Baker)
- Chocolate Almond Energy Bites (Create Mindfully)
- Chocolate Cupcakes With Strawberry Frosting (The Misfit Baker)
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (Made by Luci)
- Homemade Rocky Road (Made by Luci)
- Nutty Chocolate Bunnies (One Green Planet)